Want a bulletproof sales funnel that can sell your professional coaching services without having to lift a finger?
Great, keep reading…
Since we relaunched our Done-For-You Sales Funnel Service last year, we’ve been creating sales funnels for our 20+ clients to date. But today, I decided to show you instead how to create your own and tell you why it can scale your coaching business by bringing in leads instantly.
No matter if you’re a startup, entrepreneur, life/business coach, personal trainer, high-end agency who does consulting, or a professional selling high-ticket coaching services, in today’s article, I’ll teach you how to craft a sales funnel for your coaching business that’s proven to convert.
Plus, I’ll share with you the coaching funnels that AutoGrow has created, the strategy behind them, and why they work regardless of your target market.
I’m doing this for your benefit so you can not only create your own coaching funnel. But you’ll actually get to download AutoGrow’s proven-to-convert Coaching Funnel Template for FREE and start selling your services right away.
Without further ado, let’s dive into it and sell your coaching business services now…
The Coaching Funnel & the Strategy Behind It
We got to the fun part!
If you’re reading this, you probably need help attracting leads.
You need to build a sales funnel that converts. You need someone to do the hard work for you because you’re a busy business owner looking to grow your business. You simply want to sell your services and see $$$ coming in.
Well, you came to the right place.
Whether you’re a coach looking to sell your high-ticket products, an entrepreneur, or a high-end agency who does consulting, you’ll be able to create and launch your own coaching funnel by the end of this article. I’ll show you how a coaching funnel’s structured and the key elements that make it work.
And best of all, you get to download our template for FREE.
But before downloading the FREE template and modeling it for your business, a few things to keep in mind.
I know you’re a professionally trained mentor with a background in certain areas of business who assists, trains, and guides small business owners in developing, improving, starting, and growing their business.
I know how much you love helping your clients identify and clarify business goals and objectives. You’re looking to help them acquire and develop the skills, resources, and mindset needed to operate and grow a successful business.
You—professional coach—reading this article, want to keep clients motivated, growing, and thriving too. But who helps you?
You’re looking for help too. Right?
I know, and that’s exactly why I wrote this article, to give you the resources you need for selling your professional coaching services.
And before diving into more details, remember that the best way to help your business succeed is by designing and implementing the right sales funnel—you probably already know that. Good.
But it’s not only about creating a funnel and launching it.
You must understand the strategy behind it. Why is it structured that way? Which elements make a funnel successful? If you don’t understand the “why” behind it, your sales funnel may not serve its purpose.
A strategy is a plan of action focused on how we achieve a goal. It’s made of steps and thoughtful conversion tactics.
The strategy, or plan, for how you get there is part of what I’m covering below in the funnel templates. These are the most commonly used sales funnels we’ve used for our client accounts.
For instance, the end goal for most of our clients with their sales funnels is to “cause a permanent increase in sales and leads by attracting the right traffic in front of the right message(s), at the right time.”
You see, consumer and buyer behaviors have made a shift over the years. Their journey through your website is different than it used to be. So, your marketing funnel must reflect that path of least resistance.
It must align with their expectations and anticipate their needs—and do it in a cool, non-salesy way.
You already know that a sales funnel is defined as a series of steps that lead a customer from awareness to a buying decision.
For instance, we at AutoGrow have created proven-to-convert coaching sales funnels. We start with a custom-developed Funnel Strategy Blueprint that we include as part of our Done-For-You-Service to clients. And with it, you get 3 deliverables:
- Two 1-on-1 consulting calls with a Funnel Strategist.
- A customized funnel diagram.
- A detailed, step-by-step plan of action.
The funnel blueprint includes all steps to take in order to build a solid sales funnel. Its goal is to bring the client’s funnel as fast as possible to a positive ROI (i.e., we work to get you results sooner rather than later without sacrificing quality). We actually always try to launch our clients’ funnels in 20 days.
Now, I will share with you the most popular coaching sales funnels that we’ve used for our clients.
Sales funnels work with high-priced physical products and services too. It doesn’t have to be complex either.
It can work well for entrepreneurs, coaches, personal trainers, and startup businesses. Also, it works for high-end agencies who do consulting for other companies.
What I like about this funnel is that it’s simple. It puts the focus on a couple of core pages to do the conversion “legwork.”
Key Elements that Make this Funnel WORK
- Lead Magnet: Offer any how-to checklists on how to solve or do something. For example, give a 10-step checklist on how to “go paperless and automate your workflow” in the case of a software agency vendor. Or how to “adjust your diet and lose weight in the first 2 weeks” in the case of a health coach. In the case of some of our clients who are coaches, we’ve created a “The 7-Figure Income Real Estate Agent Checklist” for real estate agents to earn more, adjust their mindset for success, and improve their quality of life. In the case of our other client who’s a coach too, the lead magnet offer we created for him is “The SLOW or GO Identity Checklist” to determine their identity—which happens to be a critical factor in people’s failure or success.
- Confirmation + Tripwire: It’s important to write a copy of 1 or 2 sentences for the confirmation page. Thank your website visitors for downloading or requesting your lead magnet. Then, upgrade them to buy the tripwire.
- Checkout Page: The checkout page must have a CTA to book a call with the trainer, coach or Nutritionist.
- Embedded Booking Widget: If you’re looking to optimize your high-ticket sales funnel, include a booking widget to schedule a call since it will convert better. This works because it removes some of the friction of scheduling calls at a time that works for both parties.
Examples of Our Clients’ Coaching Funnels Proven to Work
- Health: We used this funnel as the base for a high-ticket sales funnel for a hyperbaric chamber. This is a type of medical treatment used by athletes and children.
- Fitness: This funnel works for those in the fitness area too. We created a $7 tripwire niche case study for a former client in the fitness industry. This case study explained how they had helped one specific client to succeed. They also offered a bonus one-on-one call.
- Software agency: Another type of business this sales funnel works for is a software agency. Our former client was selling services that helped larger companies to streamline their operations.
- High-end agencies: High-end B2B agencies who do consulting for other companies can also benefit from this template.
- Startup: Entrepreneurs and/or startup businesses who sell high-value and high-priced products or services can use this template to bring in leads to grow their new business.
- Coaches and personal trainers: This funnel worked for a business who was a coach and was looking to work with other trainers. In fact, we helped him make $36,000 in sales with this template.
That’s pretty impressive, right? It just goes to show that one single funnel can do wonders for a business.
And here’s another sales funnel we created for a client who’s in the coaching business.
This is one of our best case studies so far. This client is a life coach. He teaches people how to make success their second nature through some expertly-crafted training programs.
When you create your lead magnet offer, aim for 35% or higher for the people coming to your lead magnet landing page.
Anyway, after downloading the checklist, prospects are redirected to a Thank You page with a video incentivizing them to request a consultation with the coach. We’re basically selling here the consultation rather than the video.
If prospects proceed to book the call, then they’ll be asked a couple of qualifying questions. This is to qualify leads and filter out the bad ones. Then, they’re redirected to a Booking page to select the date of preference for their call with the coach.
This simple funnel has already converted leads by 87% since we launched it. 955 people have opted in to download the checklist we created for our client.
Below is another coaching funnel we created for a client in the real estate industry. It’s very similar to the one above with some small tweaks.
This client is a professional business/life coach who specializes in helping real estate agents earn more, adjust their mindset for success, and improve their quality of life. She helps them reach their true potential by providing reputation-boosting strategies to turn real estate careers into a massive and lucrative success.
If you compare both funnels, one of the differences is the source of traffic and that the end of the funnel is the confirmation page (no email sequence after this step here).
For this client, the lead magnet offer has converted pretty well. 112 people have opted in to download her checklist, and 4 people have requested a consultation with her.
We’ve seen 18% conversion for this coach in the real estate industry since we first launched her funnel 3 months ago.
High-ticket Coaching Funnel Example
Winning International is a coaches-to-coaches service that assists leaders in growing their businesses.
The company was created in 2014 by Ryan Magdziarz. He works with dating, finance, fitness, health, life, and business coaches.
This company’s sales funnel relies heavily on paid Facebook ads. These drive people to their website where they can then opt in and become customers.
For this funnel, their Facebook ads promoted a free fitness-related report.
Let’s take a look at this high-ticket funnel…
- Landing Page: When prospects arrive on this page, they’re encouraged to download their lead magnet that is a template.
- Free Consultation: On the top right corner prospects can see a call-to-action button that invites them to check out the “Free Training”. After clicking, people are redirected to a landing page with outstanding CTAs to book a free call.
- Thank You Page: After downloading the lead magnet, prospects are taken to a thank you page. On that page, there’s an offer for a free call along with a CTA to watch a video. The end goal here is to convert the prospect into a paying client.
Their lead magnet offer is what makes this sales funnel so unique. Because it then leads to an offer to become a coaching client, which is a great upsell technique.
Now tell me something quickly, is it worth implementing the right sales funnel to sell your coaching services after reading this article?
When you download our most popular coaching funnel template, the next step is to go level by level in the funnel, take action, and launch.
Our funnel template will help you:
- Understand your customer’s journey.
- Empathize with your prospects (what do they need, not what they want) and present your offers in a logical order. This order needs to anticipate the customer’s or client’s needs—tailoring the message based on where they’re at.
- People will drop out of your funnel (that’s normal) so take action. Get quality targeting for your ads (traffic), along with thoughtful on-page copy, design, and of course, follow-up via retargeting and email automations.
We’re seeing already great results for clients who are using these funnels to sell their coaching services. And I’m sure it will bring results for you too now that you know the “why” behind each element of your funnel. This will help you better understand your prospects and customers’ needs and give them what they’re looking for.
And to craft the best possible sales funnel for your coaching business, you have some options to consider.
- Do it yourself. But do you have the time for that? If your answer is yes, then downloading our template issounds like a good idea. And if your answer is no, then you’ve got option 2 below.
- You can hire someone to create the coaching funnel for your business. And that “someone” happens to be AutoGrow.
Feel free to reach out to our full-stack marketing team. We make building your high-converting coaching funnel easier than ever.
Now tell me something, have you ever created a coaching sales funnel before?
Let me know in the comments below.
And by the way, congrats! By downloading our funnel template you’re one step closer to converting leads like crazy!
Keep funnelin’, stay focused,